Asad Farook - Sri Lankan Manga Artist on the Rise

Asad Farook

Illustrator/ Graphic Design student

Dehiwala, Sri Lanka

Mediums: Pencil / Digital

Style: Mix of Manga/Western.

Favorite Quote: “Happiness is the enemy. It weakens you. Suddenly you have something to lose” - RUSH

Favorite Books: The Edge Chronicles / Harry Potter

 

Teemo Discovers Baron

Teemo Discovers Baron – By Asad Farook

 

Hi my name is Asad Farook and I’m an amateur illustrator from Sri Lanka , influenced by Manga - Anime art.

I’ve been drawing for a long time, but only in 2012 did I first color my drawings. I was so inspired by Japanese artist Redjuice. I spent a few months learning how to color my drawings.

Signup for Free Updates:

Please take a moment to subscribe. Your email will never be shared with anyone!

What music do you listen to when creating?

Electronic and indie music.

 

Do you have a job in the day-time?

I’m a graphic design student. art would be my part time job.

 

Creative Process:

I usually scan a pencil sketch and then add colors on Photoshop / paint tool sai. I keep the dirty scratches and mistakes most of the time - I try to keep it as part of my style.

 

What inspires you?

Other artists, photography, media, music and especially crushes :)

 

Grownup Pikachu and Blastoise

Grownup Pikachu and Blastoise – By Asad Farook

 

Exhibitions

None so far, but I had a TV interview and an article on the local papers.

 

Are you selling?

I have only sold to my friends so far. I hope to sell prints in the future.

 

Online Art Promotion

I post my drawings on Facebook, Deviantart, Tumblr. On Behance I seldom post my process on certain art that I like the most.

 

Can you recommend another admired artist?

Redjuice, Japan. I love his work so much. He was the true inspiration for me to get better.

 

Can you tell us about something interesting?

Well I once got called for a TV interview and I had a fever/cold right? I couldn’t afford to turn down an opportunity like that so I went ahead. I was freezing in the studios :D and it made me very uncomfortable to speak. But I managed.

 

one day in summer

One Day in Summer – By Asad Farook

 

If you could live your life over again, would there be anything you would do differently?

Change my school life. I think that would have helped me mature as a person - better.

 

Looking forward, what are your plans?

Well art will be a major part of my life, albeit part time. I hope to sell prints . Do illustrations for magazines books etc and influence my country with manga!

 

Do you have any good advice for other manga artists?

Well, all I can say is that if you want to be "good" you have to put effort and time. i have gone sleepless nights trying to finish art , just to see how it looks at the end. Push yourself, learn new things. ALWAYS DRAW. ALWAYS. Sketch , doodle anything - just keep drawing - even if they are stick men lol.

 

Asad Farook - Sri Lankan Manga Artist on the Rise

Dehiwala, Sri Lanka

Blog: Asad Farook | Twitter | Facebook | Behance | Deviantart

Related

illustrations 8067656952968774822

Post a Comment Default Comments

emo-but-icon


Turn Your Creativity Into A Career
Get Paid for Your Writing
Create Free Websites!
item